VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS Car Camera Unboxing
I purchased several different brands of car dash cameras before, but either the video is not as clear as it advertises, or the camera is too old. Now, I need to buy a new Car Dash Cemera. Here are my needs:
- The video should be HQ and I want to see the car plate clearly
- The price should not be too expensive (I don't consider a car dash cam which is for above 200 CAD)
- Don't be too heavy
- Suitable for different temperatures (for example, in Canada)
- Should have all common car camera functions
- Simple operations
It is not easy to reach the first 2 requirements. some cameras are cheap, but the quality of the video is bad, some cameras can have good videos and pictures, but it is too expensive.
I searched infomartion online and check the North Amera shopping information, I recently found that there is a Car Dash Camera that is recommended a lot, and the price is not expensive. The brand name is called VIOFO.
I ordered one. It is VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS module.
The following is the official image of VIOFO A119 V3:
VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS module Specifications
- Brand and Model: VIOFO A119V3GPS
- Video Resolution: 2560 * 1440P 60/30fps; 2560 * 1080P 60/30 30fps; 2560 * 1600P 30fps
- Image Sensors: Sony STARVIS IMX335 5MP Sensor
- Wide Angle: 140°
- Video Compression Technology: H.264
- G-sensor: Off / Low / Middle / High Sensitivity
- Storage: Up to 256GB MicroSD Card
- Ports Mini USB, AV-Out, MicroSD Card Slot
- Parking Mode: Supported
- Dimension: 2.1 x 1.91 x 3.25 inches (5.33 x 4.85 x 8.26 cm)
- GPS Logger: Included
- Screen Size: 2.0
- Mounting Type: Adhesive Mount
- Weight: 430.91 g
According to the above technical parameters, this camera satisfies all the conditions I need, and its retail price in Canada is less than 150 CAD, which also meets my conditions.
VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS module Unboxing
Here is the box I saw after unpacking the mailing package:
When I opened the box, the first thing I saw was the main body of VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS module. It was placed in the middle of a relatively thick soft foam that was resistant to drops. It would be better if the manufacturer could cover it with a layer of protection.
During the unpacking process, I saw a paper printed that please check carefully before installing the camera and do the following checks:
- Check if GPS module is mounted ont he camera
- Check if the GPS module can supply power
- Remove all protective films from both camera lens
- Insert the microSD card, check if the front dashcam can record normally
- If your dashcam has two or three channel cameras, connect the rear camera, check if there is a rear camera view on the front camera screen
Here's everything I saw in the box:
- 1 x VIOFO A119 V3 Camera
- 1 x Car Charger
- 1 x 4m Car Charger USB Cable
- 1 x USB Data Cable
- 1 x GPS Module and mount (Only Camera with GPS bundle)
- 2 x Non-GPS Mount
- 5 x Clips
- 2 x Electrostatic Stickers
- 2 x Adhensive stickers (optional)
- 1 x User Manual
VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS module also supports Advanced Parking Mode, which requires a continuous power supply, so it requires the purchase of an HK3 ACC Hardwire Cable to turn the camera on and off via the ACC signal.
Below is the front side of VIOFO A119 V3 with GPS module. Its upper part is the LCD display, and in the lower part there are 5 buttons: power, menu, record, microphone and emergency record.
This is the back of the VIOFO A119 V3 camera, the one we bought is with the GPS module, the red part is the adhensive board, which is attached to the GPS module:
The slot for the microSD card is on the side of the camera (it supports up to 256 GB). Note that there is also a reset hole on this side:
The USB port and AV output are on the other side:
The USB port on the top of the camera is the power socket (note: if there is a GPS module, the camera can also be powered on through the power socket on the GPS module)
We will introduce our actual usage in a separate article. What we can tell you now is the video quality is pretty good, it is much better than the car dash camera I used before, the license plate of the vehicle can be clearly seen.
Where to Buy
I bought the on Amazon because it's currently the most convenient way for me to shop.